Join our award-winning hospital system in Northern Colorado! Poudre Valley Health System is a 2008 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for Performance Excellence and a 2009 recipient of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work award. Our hospitals are located an hour north of Denver in Fort Collins and Loveland.
If you like 300 days of sunshine a year, lots of parks and open space, excellent schools and safe, mid-sized communities—and, of course, an exceptional workplace, you’re going to love northern Colorado and Poudre Valley Health System.
Summary: Develop, plan, implement and manage the Employee Injury Management and Prevention Program. Implement the Safe Patient Handling program and other similar programs focused on providing both professional and technical support to prevent, manage, and monitor employee occupational injuries.
- Plan, develop, implement and manage an Injury Management and Prevention Program including Safe Patient Handling (SPH) and other similar programs aimed at creating a culture of employee safety, to reduce injury rates and associated costs.
- Investigate incident and/or accident reports and conduct job hazard analyses.
- Coordinate, monitor and/or report on OSHA logs and the injury management database to identify, evaluate, and recommend corrective action against risks that may result in injury to employees.
- Provide ongoing reports and metrics to SMG, Directors and stakeholder departments regarding employee injuries and near misses.
- Assist in setting department goals and monitor to improve overall employee safety.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze system injury data related to occupational and environmental risks to provide consistent injury data reporting.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA standards and recordkeeping requirements. Develop outcome measures to track program effectiveness.
- Coordinate and integrate program services with other departments in a collaborative approach including participation in planning, evaluating and providing recommendations for equipment purchases, new construction planning, and manual work processes to meet Safe Patient Handling program goals.
- Facilitate the Injury Management and Prevention committee activites.
- Develop, approve, review, revise and implement policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Collaborate with Education Services and OHS to educate and train medical staff, PVHS management and staff regarding occupational safety concepts.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements related to occupational safety.
- Measure, assess, and improve the program”s performance by actively participating in the Quality Improvement Plan.
- Plan, develop and implement staff SPH education, training, and competency assessment in use of equipment and program elements.
- Identify, propose, and oversee equipment to meet current and future system needs for safe patient handling. Communicate SPH goals and objectives and SPH program status to facility and system administrators, and Environment of Care committee.
- Develop and implement system equipment and sling tracking programs in collaboration with Facilities Services and Hospitality Services.
- Collaborate, communicate, and coordinate equipment selection, installation, and maintenance with Purchasing, Contracting, Facilities Management, Infection Control, Patient Safety and other applicable services.
- Provide expertise and support to units for safety meetings and/or briefings, incident follow-up, and remediation training. Participate in continuous process improvement using the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) model when appropriate.
- Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements: Bachelor”s degree from an accredited Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Registered Nurse, Health and Safety program or similar health and wellness program. Master”s degree in Nursing, Ergonomics, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or other relevant area preferred. Active license or certification in related clinical field required. If applicant is credentialed in a relative clinical field, license or certification must be current.
Visit our website for more information and to apply at www.pvhs.org and search req #14290.