McCutcheon Enterprises, Inc. (MEI) is a leading waste management company, located in Apollo, PA. Since 1947, MEI has provided transportation, treatment, disposal and on site environmental services for a wide variety of clients. MEI is committed to meeting the diverse and demanding needs of its customers and does so by employing talented and motivated people. This commitment is best summarized by its simple, but powerful guiding philosophy; “When you need us, we’ll be there.”
MEI is seeking an energetic, talented individual for the key position of Safety Engineer. The key responsibilities and duties include:
- Develop Health and Safety Procedures to ensure compliance with legal requirements and corporate policies.
- Develop and continually review corporate safety programs as they apply to company, policies and procedures in order to evaluate their effectiveness while implementing improvements where needed to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- Assure compliance with MEI Respiratory Protection Program including fit testing and calibration of air monitoring equipment.
- Prepare reports and records to comply with internal company requirements and external regulatory requirements.
- Reduces workers compensation exposure through accident investigation and proactive accident reduction techniques.
- Develop and implement plans to provide for the safety and health of company employees at multi-sites.
- Provide technical assistance to site personnel to address HS issues. Assist in the development of task-specific job safety analyses.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal safety regulations for all employees, equipment, and operations. Conducts internal audits to ensure compliance.
- Act as a resource to the organization in the areas of training, safety expertise and arranging vendor services.
- Assist in training supervisors and employees in all areas of safety and health, including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Develop and administer HAZMAT program.Act as a liaison with local, state and federal agencies.
- Develop and maintain a State Certified “Safety Committee”.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor”s degree in Safety Science, Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Science or related field with five or more years of successful experience in safety.
- Experience in Industrial settings, i.e. power plants, steel mills, oil and gas.
- Demonstrated practical experience in safety process improvement and statutory requirements OR equivalent course work, degree or certification.
- Experience interacting with local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Ability to interpret and apply OSHA regulations on a practical basis.
- Working knowledge of RCRA and DOT regulatory requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- 2-3 years prior supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access software.
- Occasional travel will be required.
Along with this career opportunity comes competitive wages and an attractive benefit package including Medical, Prescription, Vision, Dental, Employer Contributory Profit-Sharing Retirement Savings Plan, $20,000 Basic Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit of Paycheck, Uniforms, Vacation, and Holidays. To apply please send resume and cover letter to MEIjobopportunities@completewastemgmt.com